Starfleet Report 923/225-A
Department: Fleet Modernization Program
Subject: New Cruiser Line Availability
Comment: Avenger Class Battle Cruiser Availability
Holonet Link:Starfleet Holonet
Avenger Class Battle Cruisers now available for launch./
“The Avenger Class Battle Cruiser’s design aims to provide a durable warship that is more maneuverable than Starfleet’s existing cruisers, and can carry a devastating amount of firepower. However, it does sacrifice a measure of hull strength for this extra maneuverability. There is nothing subtle about this starship class. The Avenger’s aggressive silhouette and available firepower makes it a formidable and intimidating presence in any battle.
The Avenger’s size is much closer to a Klingon Battle Cruiser than a standard Starfleet Cruiser. This is largely due to the fact that the starship was designed by the Starfleet Engineering Corps to compete with the smaller, more agile vessels Starfleet is facing in battle. The Avenger class is also the first cruiser in Starfleet to be equipped with an Advanced Cruiser Communications Array.
Ships with Advanced Cruiser Communication Arrays provide the starship’s captain with three Command abilities that bestow benefits to both the captain’s starship and nearby allies.”/
- Hull Strength: 37,500
- Shield Modifier: 1.00
- Crew: 500
- Weapons: 5 Fore, 3 Aft
- Device Slots: 3
- Base Turn Rate: 9 degrees per second
- Impulse Modifier: 0.15
- Bridge Officer Stations: 1 Ensign Tactical, 1 Lieutenant Commander Tactical, 1 Commander Engineering, 1 Lieutenant Science, 1 Lieutenant Universal
- Console Modifications: 4 Engineering, 4 Tactical, 1 Science
- +10 Power to Weapons
- +10 Power to Engines
- Can Equip Dual Cannons
- Matter-Antimatter Warp Core
- Console Synergy:
- Can equip: Console – Universal – Cloaking Device
- Found on Dreadnaught Cruiser and Tactical Escort Retrofit
- Note:The Avenger does not come with this console
- Cruiser Communication Array Abilities:
- Command – Weapon System Efficiency
- Command – Shield Frequency Modulation
- Command – Strategic Maneuvering
- Console – Universal – Variable Auto-Targeting Armament
- The Variable Auto-Targeting Armament is a very versatile weapon designed specifically for the Avenger Battle Cruiser. This overwhelming weapon fires a pair of Auto-Targeting Armament Projectiles that travel toward your designated target. Every few seconds, these projectiles will fire weapons (either torpedoes or a tachyon beam) at a random foe within 10 km. This highly versatile weapon system will function differently depending upon which Cruiser Command you currently active (it’s not influenced by other active commands you may be in range of), and can also be equipped on the Fleet version if you own it. It has a cooldown of 2 minutes.
- V.A.T.A. Cruiser Command Influence – Shield Frequency Modulation
While the Shield Frequency Modulation cruiser command is active, the V.A.T.A. will fire a pair Tachyon Armament Projectiles. These projectiles fire Tachyon beams at a nearby target every second that damage the target’s shield facings. Upon impact, the Tachyon Armament Projectiles will detonate, dealing high kinetic damage and high shield damage in a 1.5 km radius. Foes affected by the blast will also have their shield hardness reduced for a short time.
- V.A.T.A. Cruiser Command Influence – Strategic Maneuvering
While the Strategic Maneuvering cruiser command is active, the V.A.T.A. will fire a pair of Chroniton Armament Projectiles. These projectiles launch Micro Chroniton Torpedoes at a nearby target every second that deal minor kinetic damage and have a chance to reduce the target’s movement speed and turn rate. Upon impact, the Chroniton Armament Projectiles will detonate, dealing high kinetic damage. Foes affected by the explosion will also have their speed and turn rate reduced for a short time.
- V.A.T.A. Cruiser Command Influence – Weapon System Efficiency (or Default if no command is active)
While the Weapon System Efficiency cruiser command is active, or no cruiser commands are active, the V.A.T.A. will fire a pair of Quantum Armament Projectiles. These projectiles launch Micro Quantum Torpedoes at a nearby target every second. Upon impact, the Quantum Armament Projectiles will detonate, dealing very high kinetic damage. The Quantum Armament Projectiles and its Micro Torpedoes lack any secondary effects, but deal significantly more damage.
Fleets with Starbases that utilize a Tier 4 Shipyard are permitted to launch modified version of the ship per their needs.
End of Message